Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Now open for business

I've been contemplating having a blog for the past several years. Until today, I simply contemplated. Today I actually took the steps to have my own blog.

The reason for wanting to blog all those years ago was becoming a staff member at an United Methodist Church, and beginning to read WesleyBlog by Shane Raynor. As far as I know, Shane no longer blogs, but I wish he did. He offered some great insights and he led the way for the beginning of a "Methodist blogging community" or Methobloggers.

There were some "hot button issues" back in those days that created a lot of activity in the methoblogosphere. I spent a lot of time back then posting at the different blogs, thought I might start my own blog, and then just kind of went into a couple of years of reading the blogs daily, but only posting from time to time.

Since General Conference has just taken place and some key issues are again being discussed, I've once again been posting several replies. So here I am, finally "opening up" for business on my own. Hope you enjoy some of what you read, and please stop by often. Feel free to engage in conversation whenever you'd like!

1 comment:

TN Rambler said...

Welcome. Looking forward to hearing your voice.

Wayne